Monday, January 18, 2010

Cusano 18 Double Connecticut Robusto


This is a smoke that I got from The Big Smoke Vegas in November.

Don't know anything about it so I did a little searching to see what the details were of this smoke.

It's been awhile since I have written a review, but there was a lot going on in my life. Now that things have calmed down a bit I can get back to posting reviews.

Wrapper-Connecticut
Binder-Connecticut
Filler-Nicaraguan
Size-Robusto 5x50

It is 10:37 am on a Wednesday morning. This is the first time I have ever smoked a cigar this early. So I figured I would try something considered to be mild/medium. I will also be having a glass of California Cabernet Sauvignon Red Wine. Don't know how this will pair up, but we will see.

Construction is good. There are a few veins but nothing to write momma about. A nice feel to it, not too firm.

Prelight: The wrapper gives off a smooth slightly sweet smell to it.
Cut was good, smooth on the dry hale. Time to light and see what this stick is all about.

Good first inhale. Smooth notes, little hint of honey. Let's see if it keeps that flavor.

So far so good. It is giving off a great resting smoke and the smoke on the retrohale is very thick. The ash is holding well with no flaking at all. Flavor is still creamy smooth.

At the half way point and I will say that this is a very mild cigar. A great one for me to smoke in the morning. The flavor has changed a little. Not as much sweetness, not complex at all.
[caption id="attachment_171" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="\"Proper etiquette says put this down. Nonsense!\""][/caption]
It does have a very nice burn to it. Even all the way through.
When you get to the band, proper etiquette tells you to put it down, but if you are enjoying your cigar why would you want to do that? Makes no sense to me.

In the end, this was a good smoke this morning. Not heavy and it still allows me to go play with my 3 year old son.
It was about a 45 minute smoke with a very consistent smooth flavor and a very consistent burn. This after sitting in my humidor for 2 months.

So for all you mild cigar smokers. This would be a good one for you to have. Or for those that want a cigar that will not hurt their performance while at work but need to get away and refresh, this would be one to consider.

As always,
Happy Smokin..

BIG PIMPIN of B&B Cigar Club

2 comments:

  1. Nice review. I dont think I have ever had any of these. I will have to look them up and give them a try as it sounds like a nice mellow stick for morning coffee.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good early morning smoke. Got 54 min of burn with my coffee on my commute.

    ReplyDelete