Thursday, August 13, 2009

Camacho Corojo Monarca

This is about a 5 x 50 size cigar that is a Corojo wrapper, binder & filler. Considered to be a Full Body Cigar. It has a nice brown color with a great shine to it. Wrapped very nice with no visible defects. Some give to the touch. It has a coffee/cocoa sweet aroma to it. Nothing like what 'Byrdman' is having (Oliva Series O Robusto). Enough about the looks, let's smoke!! Found a twig upon cutting. Hope it doesn't effect anything. Good first draw, little bit of tea flavor, unsweetened that is. Giving off a good amount of smoke.

Half way through and I have hints of spice but not real strong. So far for me I would have to say this is a medium smoke, but time will tell. Only half way through. Nice steady even burn. Getting an earthy flavor with a little more spice and feeling a little cigar buzz. Leather/Spice & Spice/Leather is the flavor I am getting at this point.

Finished off pretty good. Nice amounts of spice/leather towards the finish. Didn't get to complex with flavors but all in all a very nice smoke. I will have to say it is a full body cigar at this point because I did this on an EMPTY stomach. I will have to try it again with a nice grilled steak before hand. I will have to put the Camacho Corojo Monarca in the rotation.

No problem with the twig that was in the wrapper..

This was a stretch for me to try because I typically have a mild to medium cigar. So to try something to be considered Full Bodied was tough. But it turned out pretty good. I just have to remember to eat something before I indulge myself to a full body cigar.

As always, Happy Smokin,

Big Pimpin of B&B.

No comments:

Post a Comment