Thursday, August 27, 2009

EL Cobre Torpedo


This is my first El Cobre, which is created by Oliva. I don't know much about this Cigar except that it is considered to be a full body smoke, which as you all know I have not been a fan of this type of smoke. I never read other reviews before I do a review of a cigar. I don't want their review to influence my smoke. But I am giving it a shot.



Pre light it has a strong aroma to it with a hint of Walter Payton (sweetness). It has a dark Maduro wrapper that is not all that pretty. I would show you a picture but the iPhone has a suckie camera and my digital is not charged. Oh well.


Dry pull gives you a dark chocolate flavor. On to the smoke. 11:06pm.


First third, nice even burn, nice white ash. Gives off a nice white smoke. I am getting allot of bitter flavor though. Back to the smoke. After a few more puffs, I am getting a toastie/Nutty flavor, if that's possible.

Halfway through and getting a cigar buzz with a little spice flavor at this point. This is when I would normally put it down. Damn, have to relight. Draw is gettin a little tight, don't know why. Cut the tip down a little more and all is good.

WOW!!! this is really kickin my tail. The cigar is down to the band and I am really feelin the full body of the stick, but I am still pushing forward. Flavors are still a little bitter like a rich dark Cocoa and a little spice on the back soft palate.

Coming down the final leg at just past 12:40am Thursday morning. I am sure this smoke may not take 1:40 min. to smoke for the experienced full body smokers, but I had to lay off a little.

In the end it was a very good Cigar and would recommend it to take a place in your humidor. The burn was consistent and even all the way to the finish. The ash did get a little flakie after the relight but nothing serious. Very good smoke.

Happy Smokin,

BIG PIMPIN

No comments:

Post a Comment