Monday, September 28, 2009

ACID KUBA KUBA MADURO


ACID KUBA KUBA MADURO



Maker=Drew Estate
Wrapper/leaf= Maduro/Ecuador

Filler=Nicaragua

Binder=Nicaragua
Shape=Robusto
Size=6x50

Let me just say it's been over a year since I had anything from Drew Estate. The last one I had was a KUBA KUBA with a Connecticut wrapper (I think). As I said, it was last summer.

Construction is very good. A little firm. No give to the touch. Nice oily wrapper. VERY POTPOURRI aroma. I feel like I am in a flower shop.

The pre-light draw is floral/sweet of course. Why did I expect anything different?

After the first quarter, most of the initial floral fades down, but it is still noticeable. It is giving off a great amount of resting and puff smoke which is nice. Draw is effortless. The ash is tight and holding firm. Very even burn. I can see that my taste of cigars has changed. Last year I would be able to smoke a few of these with no problem.

At this point it would be something that I would have every once in while. I will have to say It is giving me a very light buzz (SHOCKING). Once you get past all of the beautiful sweet aroma this turns out to be a very nice smoke.

At the halfway point, it starts to taste more like a regular maduro cigar except for the sweetness you get on your lips from the wrapper. This was a nice change of pace. It is something that I may buy as a single.

It was a good Cigar, but just a tad too sweet for me to have on a regular basis.


As always,


Happy Smokin,
BIG PIMPIN

No comments:

Post a Comment