Tuesday, September 29, 2009

CAO LX2 (GUT CHECK)



CAO LX2 (Ligero times 2)
Size- 5x52
Shape- Robusto
Wrapper- Nicaragua
Binder- Honduras
Filler- Nicaragua, Dominican Republic
Flavor- Full Bodied


This is my first LX2. I have heard good things about this smoke. I don't know much about it, other than it is a full flavored smoke.

I would normally stay away from anything Ligero. But this came in a free 5 pack when I purchased my Brazilla Box Press. Along with a free CAO T-Shirt and a cool CAO Lx2 caring case that holds 2-3 smokes depending on size. I owe this one to Dave from CAO Cigars and the guys at OVTC.
More always, the review that I am giving is what I am getting from this Cigar and you may experience something different than I. I have not read any other reviews about this Cigar.


Construction is good. It does have that strong barn yard aroma to it. Packed pretty tight and very firm to the touch with no give. Wrapper is beautiful with a nice glow to it. No noticeable defects. BEAUTIFUL..

Pre-light draw is nutty yet I also get a hint of tea with an easy pull.
Time to light,
First third is smooth so far. I am getting the same flavors at this point nutty/tea but Kind of creamy. Not allot of resting smoke but a nice cloud from the puff. Ash is a little flaky but still an even burn on the wrapper.
Second third I am getting a little spice but not much. Ash is still flaky but still a nice even burn. It is a very consistent burn and flavor no real complexity to it, (yet)
Final Stretch The strength of the cigar is coming in to play. Feeling the cigar buzz with a little white pepper notes but still smooth with an earthy swing to it. Now I am getting the cigar sweats and the buzz is starting to intensify. I think I just got SUCKER PUNCHED and it wasn’t by Sally.
This is what I was afraid of. As those of you know that have read my reviews before, I am not much of the full flavor/body cigar smoker and this one is really hitting me. At the end of the smoke and I am laid back as I type this into my iPhone note pad. (Love this phone)

I will say it was a very good smoke with a consistent flavor and a steady even burn. I will have to invest in a box of these.

I give this a great rating of 5 out of 5 smokes



As always,

HAPPY SMOKIN,

BIG Pimpin.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Pimpin , I liked your review . I'm not a huge CAO fan . The Saprano swayed me away , but i do like a full flavored puro . I just might check this sucker a try .
    Thnx for the review .
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review........Good cigar to review first!!!

    ReplyDelete